Tooth Extractions – Sunnyvale, TX
Building a Healthier Foundation For Your Natural Smile
Our team understands that there’s no substitution quite like your natural pearly whites, which is why we always try to save a tooth whenever it’s possible. Unfortunately, some situations, such as severe dental damage or decay, may require a tooth extraction in Sunnyvale. If this is the case, our team will work with you to ensure that you’re able to rebuild your smile to be healthier and happier. We offer tooth-replacement solutions like dental implants to help you regain the complete function and feel of your smile after your procedure.
Reasons Tooth Extractions Are Needed
There are a few different reasons why tooth extractions may be a necessary procedure in order to preserve or improve your oral health. The most typical reasons why we suggest this treatment include:
- The tooth is visibly decayed or damaged and can’t be repaired with a filling or crown.
- A tooth infection is so severe that it can’t be treated with a root canal.
- Crowded teeth prevent you from having successful orthodontic treatment.
- Teeth are loose due to damage from gum disease.
If you notice any signs, such as a painful toothache, receding gums that cause loose teeth, or any other out-of-the-ordinary symptoms, don’t hesitate to contact your emergency dentist in Sunnyvale, Dr. Philip, immediately. Our team will schedule an appointment for as soon as possible to determine a treatment plan to get you out of pain quickly.
The Tooth Extraction Process
Dr. Philip will begin the procedure by injecting a local anesthetic into the area of your mouth with your affected tooth. Once you’ve gone completely numb, we’ll gently rock the tooth out of its socket so it can easily and painlessly be removed. Once the socket is enlarged, we’ll use a pair of dental forceps to lift the tooth out of your mouth. Most patients report that they don’t feel any pain, but they do experience some pressure. Once the tooth has been removed, we can talk to you about replacement options, such as an implant-retained crown.
Tips For a Fast Recovery
Once your extraction has been completed, your dentist in Sunnyvale will provide you with aftercare directions to help you make a fast and complication-free recovery. Typically, we recommend some of the following practices:
- Take a couple of days to rest.
- Maintain a soft diet and chew on the side of your mouth without your extraction site.
- Take mild painkillers to alleviate any discomfort.
- Use a cold compress to reduce swelling.
- Don’t drink from a straw.
- Maintain a regular dental hygiene routine.
After your procedure, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team if you have any questions or concerns!