Emergency Dentistry - Sunnyvale, TX
Professional Care Right When You Need It
A dental emergency, just like any other, can seemingly pop up out of nowhere and really ruin your day in the process. If you find yourself dealing with a broken/knocked-out tooth or severe toothache, know that you can get the urgent care you need with just a phone call. Dr. George T. Philip is ready and able to accept emergency patients, and we’ll work to provide immediate care so that no one is ever left waiting in pain.
Dental Accidents & Facial Trauma
Have you or your child suffered a broken, dislodged, or knocked-out tooth? You can take control of the situation with the following steps:
- Call Dr. Philip immediately.
- Try to find any large pieces of the tooth and pick them up only by the crown (the top part) and not the root (the bottom part).
- Rinse the tooth with warm water, making sure to not disturb any tissue left on the root.
- Have the victim rinse their mouth with warm water as well.
- Try to place the tooth back into its socket until you can reach our office.
- If this isn’t possible, put it in a container of milk or saltwater. It needs to remain wet until we see you to keep it viable for reattachment!
- The victim can use a cold compress or an OTC medicine to help with any pain or swelling.
Dental Emergencies Due to Oral Care Neglect
It’s very easy for a serious oral infection, including a painful toothache, to develop if someone doesn’t practice consistent oral hygiene. If you or your child are experiencing severe pain in one tooth, you should:
- Contact our office as soon as you can.
- Have the victim rinse their mouth with warm water.
- Floss around the tooth to dislodge anything that might be causing the pain.
- Place a cold compress on the face or use an OTC medicine to control pain and swelling.
Unparalleled Experience & Qualifications
If you’re in a stressful dental situation, Dr. Philip is the person you want to see. He has years of experience handling all kinds of dental emergencies, and he’ll be the source of calm you really need. To help with dental emergencies, he’ll use the latest imaging technology so he can catch, diagnose, and treat an issue as quickly as possible. He will also make every effort to accommodate your case soon as possible so that you don’t have to wait days for relief.
Root Canal Therapy
Root canal therapy is used to eliminate tooth pain and prevent tooth loss caused by infection and decay. With it, we can remove infected dental pulp from the center of a decaying tooth and then disinfect, fill, and seal the pulp cavity. This can also prevent the spread of infection to other teeth. Root canal therapy can immediately relieve toothaches, stop infections, and promote healing.
While removing a tooth is never our first choice, sometimes it’s the only choice during an emergency situation. Dr. Philip may recommend a tooth extraction if:
- A tooth is so decayed that it cannot be repaired.
- A tooth has been broken beyond the point of restoration.
- Severe periodontal (gum) disease is present.
- The bone supporting a tooth has been damaged.
In any case, Dr. Philip always uses a gentle touch and plenty of anesthetic to make sure his extraction patients are comfortable the entire time.