Restorative Dentist in Sunnyvale
What is restorative dentistry? Restorative dentistry aims to fully repair and restore the natural and healthy form and function of your teeth. If your teeth have been damaged by years of decay, infection, trauma, or wear and tear, everyday tasks like speaking and eating can become painful and uncomfortable. Untreated damage may even keep you from healthy emotional expressions like smiling and laughing. However, no matter how much damage your teeth have sustained, Dr. Philip can help. Restorative dentistry offers a variety of time tested treatments designed to return your mouth to its optimal health and functionality. Restorative dentist, Dr. Philip, and his experienced team deliver quality dentistry services daily to patients of all ages. From single tooth fillings and crowns, to full-mouth restorations, Dr. Philip has a variety of solutions to address even the most severe oral health maladies.
Sunnyvale Restorative Dentistry Services
- Root Canal Therapy: Root canal therapy is needed to eliminate tooth pain and prevent tooth loss caused by infection and decay. Root canal therapy removes infected dental pulp from the center of a decaying tooth and then disinfects, fills, and seals the pulp cavity. This can also prevent the spread of infection to other teeth. Root canal therapy will immediately relieve toothaches, stop infections, and promote healing.
- Dental Fillings: To stop decay from cavities, Dr. Philip will gently remove the decayed areas of your tooth and then fill the area with a tooth colored composite material to restore the natural form and function of the tooth. Dental fillings can also be used to repair cracked or broken teeth or teeth that have been worn down from teeth grinding.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are the most stable, durable, and realistic tooth replacement methods available. Composed of small biocompatible titanium posts, dental implants are gently embedded in the jaw, where they act as artificial tooth roots and provide stable retention for dental crowns and dentures.
- Dental Crowns: Dental crowns serve both cosmetic and restorative functions. A dental crown is commonly placed to improve the form and function of weakened, injured, or otherwise badly decayed tooth. Dental crowns are placed over the entire visible surface of the affected tooth to restore its appearance and protect it from further damage. Dental crowns can used to cover dental implants, cover root canal treated teeth, or provide support for dental bridges.
- Dental Bridges: Dental bridges are used to replace one or more missing teeth. Typically, a dental bridge is comprised of a dental crown attached to surrounding healthy teeth as the dental crown "bridges" the gap from the missing tooth.
- Dentures: Modern dentures are far more customized, comfortable, stable, and natural looking than dentures of the past. Dr. Philip can design and craft dentures that fit snugly in the mouth, and won't slip while you're speaking or eating. Modern custom dentures can also be retained with dental implants to create even more secure and natural looking results.
- Full Mouth Restoration: If you have extensively damaged teeth, Dr. Philip can develop a custom treatment plan to restore your entire mouth. A full-mouth restoration may require multiple procedures, tailored to address your specific concerns. Many restorative treatments can be accompanied by cosmetic treatments like porcelain veneers and cosmetic bonding to ensure consistent results.
Sunnyvale Restorative Dentistry Appointments
Schedule the restorative dentistry appointment you need with Dr. Philip today. Dr. Philip is a highly qualified restorative dentist, located conveniently in Sunnyvale, TX. Dr. Philip and his experienced team offer comprehensive preventive and restorative care daily to families throughout Sunnyvale, Mesquite, Balch Springs, Rowlett, Rockwall, Dallas, Garland, and the surrounding communities.