In-Office Zoom! Whitening from Your Trusted Dentist
Most adults will notice their teeth getting darker with age. Repeated exposure to highly pigmented foods and beverages like coffee, wine, and even ripe berries and tomato sauce take a toll, and teeth grow more brittle and less able to defend against stains with time. Professional teeth whitening provides a wonderful solution. There are many options available, but Dr. George T. Philip prefers the Zoom! Whitening system for its safe, effective results.
How Zoom! Works
Zoom! Whitening brightens teeth up to eight shades, on average. This dramatic whitening is achieved in just one, one hour visit to our office -- meaning you could even pop in on an extended lunch break and return to work with a positively radiant smile!
In-office whitening with Zoom! Is completely safe. First, we cover up your lips, gums, and tongue -- anything that isn’t your tooth enamel -- with a thick shield. Then we will apply the bleaching gel directly to the teeth that show when you smile. Activated in three 15-minute applications of a special UV light, the formula breaks through even the toughest stains.
Zoom! Whitening removes all manner of discoloration, including…
- Darkening due to foods and beverages (coffee, wine, etc.)
- Yellow teeth caused by tobacco and smoking
- Stains from insufficient dental hygiene
- Teeth that appear gray due to medicines like tetracycline
Because teeth whitening can cause sensitivity, we may recommend you brush with an anti-sensitivity toothpaste in the weeks leading up to your treatment.
Maintaining Your Brilliant Results
Results achieved with Zoom! Whitening can last for many years with proper care. Performing daily oral hygiene, brushing twice daily and flossing once a day, prevents plaque and tartar buildup that affects the color of the teeth. Visit your dentist every six months for a thorough cleaning and polish. And if you start to notice your results fading, you can use the Zoom! touch-up kit to reveal your sparkling smile once again.
Some additional tips for keeping your teeth brighter for longer include…
- Brushing before drinking wine or coffee, rather than after. It removes the plaque that pigments cling onto.
- Eating a handful of almonds or a crunchy stick of celery or carrot in the mid-afternoon to naturally scrub away plaque and bacteria on the surface of the teeth.
- Pairing wine with cheese, which strengthens the tooth enamel to help defend against staining.
- Rinsing the mouth out with water after eating ripe berries, dark chocolate, or anything else that is likely to stain the teeth.
- Quitting smoking or tobacco use.
Let’s Get Started Today!
Are you interested in transforming your smile with beautiful cosmetic dentistry? Then don’t hesitate to get in touch with your Sunnyvale dentist, Dr. Philip! Request an appointment to discuss your options in teeth whitening and other aesthetic treatments today.